Paris, May 3rd 2005
French Titanic Society (FTS) -
S/S NOMADIC (MOTHERSHIP OF THE RMSTITANIC)
FRENCH TITANIC SOCIETY (FTS)
ASSOCIATION FRANCAISE DU TITANIC (AFT)
- FRANCE-MONACO PLAN -
"PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE"
The French Titanic Society (FTS) has learnt the publication of two new auctions regarding the S/S Nomadic (Mothership of the RMS Titanic), set by theParisian Court:
- First date on November 10th, 2005, with a reserve price of 500.000 Euros
- Second date on January 26th, 2006, with a reserve price of 250.000 Euros
It is worth mentioning that the last auctions under the same conditions were cancelled or deffered.
In spite of many steps and procedures, of the support of the French Ministry for Culture and Communication, and of the French Architecture and HeritageAuthorities, the FTS could not obtain satisfaction in its endeavours to save the S/S NOMADIC.
The FTS, always aware of new projects and solutions, has just discovered a reliable project which will enable her rebirth.
After a detailed study, the FTS is delighted to give all its support to this FRANCE-MONACO PLAN.
This plan, built after three years of research and studies, ensures the S/S NOMADIC:
- Her repurchase
- Her future complete restoration (in French Brittany) using the original techniques and therefore following the tradition and know-howof the famous shipyards
- Her refitting including the rebuilding of her steam engine
- Then the S/S NOMADIC, last ambassador of the "Belle Epoque" and the Transatlantic history, will reveal her splendour to the publicduring her future calls organised from her home port, Monaco.
Due to the complexity of the legal situation, the FTS has to constitute a first financial envelope for the S/S NOMADIC in order to enable:
- Her repurchase
- Her towing from Le Havre to French Brittany
- Her immediate restoration
These three important points will guarantee the RESCUE OF THE S/S NOMADIC.
Hence the FTS has initiated an INTERNATIONAL FUND. The contribution of everyone (from the individual to the large companies) is required.
It is the only alternative for the safeguard of the last historical witness of the International maritime heritage.
For further information, visit the Web pages of the France-Monaco Plan:
11 rue Lebon - 75017 Paris - France
GSM: (00 33) 6 85 59 69 08 - E-mail: email
French Titanic Society (FTS) - Association Fran¨aise du Titanic (AFT)
(Admitted Society of general interest by the French Authorities)
50 allˇe des Cigales - 62700 Bruay-la-Buissi¸re - France
SIGN THE PETITION - CLICK HERE
SS NOMADIC - Cherbourg.
Research Library Archive